From our adoption agency:
I just wanted to send you another update. Tu found out from the CCCWA that another agency locked the other twin- Xia Sheng Jie. The CCCWA said they would have to make a decision what to do. I wrote up information about why you guys would be the best family for these girls. Tu translated it and called this evening to present our case. The CCCWA could of course decide to choose the other family- they said they were looking at many areas- like the fact that you already have children and the other family’s income is higher. We did our best (I explained that as a stay at home mother, Michele could offer more attention to the girls and also talked up the fact that medical treatment in MN was better than other areas of the US )
It sounds like China is going to keep the twins together. This means we either get both Xia Sheng Chun and Xia Sheng Jie. Or we get neither of them.
Michele is completely torn up. She has spent the whole day crying. I don’t think it is looking good for us. This is turning out to be such an emotional roller coaster ride for us, I’m not sure if we will be able to take to much more of not knowing.