And the rain came tumbling down….

by Michele

We had planned a picnic at Minneopa Falls a couple of weeks back.  Ted checked the weather in the morning and it said 30% chance of rain.  Now there is a saying that has been brought to my attention by my wonderful neighbors who said that if you are in a dry spell, you can have an 80% chance of rain and it won’t rain.  However, if you are in a wet spell, you can have a 20% chance of rain and you are going to get wet.  We were in a dry spell, the last 2-3 storms have missed us so we felt confident enough to go on our picnic.  We got to the state park and started eating before we went on a walk.  While we ate, a wedding party showed up and started taking pictures so we had something to watch as we sat on our picnic table.

Half way through our lunch I told Ted that if we wanted any pictures of our boys at the falls this time we probably need to go now and finish eating later because I thought the 30% chance of rain was looking like more of  a 95% chance of rain because the sky was growing darker and darker.  It was almost a weird green color.  This could not be good.  The boys started down to the falls, I started cleaning up the food and dishes (I don’t believe in using disposable dishes).  By the time I had things packed up, the rain started.  It did not start as a mist but a torrential downpour.  I looked up and saw Luke running blindly towards me but was not sure where to go so I started calling him.  He ran to the pavilion that I was under.  Clearly he was scared and upset that we did not plan the outing a bit better.

A few minutes later, Ted and Ryan made it under the pavilion also.  Ryan was not remotely upset.  He thought we were supposed to get wet so he just started playing in the water downspouts.  Maybe we will try the falls a different day, one that has a 0% chance of rain.

Advertisements

About tochinaandbackagain

I am a stay at home mom to two very active boys and soon we will bring home two Chinese twin girls with cleft lip and palate issues. I spend my day trying to be the best parent and wife I can be with God leading the way.
This entry was posted in Home. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to And the rain came tumbling down….

  1. Cammy K says:

    Minneoppa State Park is one of my favorite places in the whole world! I use to live about 1/4 mile from there when I was little and walked there every day for a few summers. Now my mother is in Hillcrest Health Care Center near their so I try to stop by for a walk whenever I have time after visiting her. I hope you have a better day the next time.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s