Babysitter Day

by Doris (aka Grandma Yoder)

What to say about today, huh? Well, it was both busy and uneventful, in that Grandpa Jason had to work at the college today, and I had a lot to do for work, too,  as well as pamper myself  with an afternoon nap—due to this nasty tooth abscess I am dealing with. So for the boys, we hired a 14-year-old babysitter, Kendra Nisly, and she came and played with the boys for most of the day.

In the morning Kendra and the boys  played quite a while with the play doh which had been high on their agenda prior to coming for their stay. We have some special play-doh machines they love. We had actually forgotten all about them until last night, so they were looking forward to playing with them this morning.  Kendra did a good job of containing the mess that goes along with that and cleaned it all up again when they were done.

Kendra also washed up a stack of dirty dishes in the sink and went through the whole house picking up toys and whatnot, things that were scattered helter skelter from basement to loft.  It had become quite a mess, or so it seemed to me. This afternoon Linda Clifton came to clean the whole house for us. She was sweet enough to say that, “no, it was not a mess,” it was just “lived in.”  But anyway, I feel like things are fresh and livable again tonight, a real treat for me.

Before lunch, I did go along down to the lake with Kendra and the boys so that they got to “swim” for 45 minutes. That is always a hit. The weather has been so nice and warm that this has turned out to be a real treat for them nearly every day.

Ryan was doing more singing today. I know Michele says that he sings so much, but he really hadn’t been singing here, though he was always happy and busy. It makes me feel good to hear him singing; this tells me he is well adjusted to life here right now.  Both Ryan and Luke did have a few more tiffs than usual today, but I felt it might have been due to the fact that I was not giving them as much attention as they perhaps needed.  But tonight, they played really hard with Grandpa Jason outside, apparently, chasing the basketball as he tossed it around for them. They came in at 8:00 pm, totally hot and sweaty and exclaiming how much fun they had had.  I let them hop into the shower to cool down and rinse off. I have discovered the shower is a fun place for them as well.  They love the water flowing down over them and have a delightful time in there. It sounds like all four of the kids are going to be great in the water, including Quinn and Jenna.

What else….? …nothing,  I guess, that’s it for today. Sorry I didn’t take time to get any pictures of anything….next time I hope!


About tochinaandbackagain

I am a stay at home mom to two very active boys and soon we will bring home two Chinese twin girls with cleft lip and palate issues. I spend my day trying to be the best parent and wife I can be with God leading the way.
This entry was posted in Home, Our Adoption Journey. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s