Day 15 in Minnesota

by Doris (aka Grandma Yoder)

….TWO, ONE, HOME AGAIN! The boys are counting the days and so eager to see their “mama and dada.”

Every night at bedtime, Ryan wants me to pray his prayer request and pray it to Jesus for him and I have to use his exact words:  “That I love momma and dada!”  If I say his phrase a little bit wrong, like “Thank you Jesus for ‘mommy and daddy’ he corrects me very vehemently!”  It needs, for sure, to be “momma and dada”..pronouced exactly like he says it, no change in pronunciation or phraseology.

Good therapy for Ryan today was a solitary time on the swing.

Today was my final day at the dentist and my mouth is fixed up now, a little sore maybe, but good to go. She wants me on a second round of antibiotics…that is a long time for me, a whole month of swallowing a pill 4 times a day. I can’t even remember taking any antibiotic ever, much less for 4 weeks solid!

The boys spent several hours alone again with Grandpa Jason while I was gone. Ryan was napping when I came home but Luke was playing quietly, hanging around the garage where his Grandpa was busy doing things.  Luke is sure getting excited about seeing his mom and dad again. Checking off the calendar each day is getting to be even more fun for him.  If he hears me talking to anyone about the travelers or their return, he is hanging onto me and listening, all ears, climbing into my lap, holding my hand, generally just doing a lot of touching. Other than that, he appears to be handling it so well.

Luke on the log walking beams in the play area.

This evening we had the pleasure of hosting a baptismal event for my nephew Patrick. Patrick chose our dock and swimming area for his baptism. He asked his grandpa (Ryan’s and Luke’s great grandpa) to have the devotional and invited his friends and church family to witness the event. Luke and Ryan sat with Grandpa Jason out at the end of the dock and were quite fasciated with the whole event, especially when the “boring” (to them) devotional ended and the action began in the water.  Apparently they were very interested in which one of the “persons” was really going to be dunked.  Our dock, my brother’s swimming raft (which had been towed to our landing for the event), and fishing boat probably had about 25 people on it.  We weren’t really sure how much weight capacity the dock would hold….but nothing broke down and noone got wet that was not expecting to get wet.

Today, was maybe only the second day of their whole stay that noone at our house went swimming.  The boys were quite unhappy about that tonight at bedtime, that they had missed swimming today…..sorry boys, we just didn’t get that done today! The day was too short, I guess!  Surely tomorrow, again……..!


About tochinaandbackagain

I am a stay at home mom to two very active boys and soon we will bring home two Chinese twin girls with cleft lip and palate issues. I spend my day trying to be the best parent and wife I can be with God leading the way.
This entry was posted in Home, Our Adoption Journey. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s